Adrian Bishop MCIAT - Architectural Design

Chartered Architectural Technologist – Dorchester Dorset


Adrian Bishop MCIAT – Architectural Design
Chartered Architectural Technologist

I’m a Freelance Architectural Technologist based in Dorchester Dorset with nearly 40 years of experience working for various Architect and Architectural practices covering a wide and interesting range of large and small projects.

Each week I work on a mix of my own projects and as a freelancer for other architectural practices. I am pleased to be associated with;
David Shaw Partnership | JM Architecture Ltd | Paul Scott Architect

In addition, in the past I have worked for and maintain good links with;
Morgan Carey Architects
CG Fry & Son Ltd (Design Office)
Architects Design Partnership – London, Oxford, Henley and Yeovil Offices
GM Saunders Designs Ltd. (Saunders & Wheelwright Architects)
West Dorset District Council – Care & Repair Agency
John Stark & Crickmay Partnership

I am a Full Member of CIAT (The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists) and qualified to use the designation MCIAT.
To find out more about CIAT and the services offered by Chartered Architectural Technologists please refer to
In accordance with CIAT requirements I maintain the necessary Professional Indemnity Insurance – not all Architectural drawing providers have this cover.

Services Offered; –
These services are tailored to suit your (the Employers) own specific requirements. Often a “permissions only” service is provided.

  • Detailed measured building surveys to produce plans of the existing.
  • Scheme designs – to agree the best design solution to meet your requirements.
  • Drawings & Submission for Planning applications and Listed Building Consents.
  • Drawings & Submission for Building Regulations Approval.
  • Advice on suitable Contractors, Structural Engineers and other consultants.
  • The preparation of Tender & Contract information.
  • Building Contract administration &  Site inspections etc. to take a project through to completion.
  • Advice & assistance with CDM 2015 and Party Wall Notice where required.

Generally I like to come and visit you at the site of the proposed development to discuss your requirements and offer advice on how best to proceed.
I can advise on what Planning Permission and/or Building Regulation approvals etc. are required and their fees.
After this initial free of charge visit and seeing the property/site I can then give you a detailed written quote for a measured survey (if required) and supplying the necessary drawings and handling the required application(s) on your behalf.

I don’t do anything different nor less than my competitors, I just do it well.

Adrian Bishop MCIAT

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: